Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent

If you are not living your dream life and in your dream job, you can start realigning your thoughts to feel more positive to draw more positive experiences into your life as your change your thoughts from a negative vibe to a positive vibe. Here are three concepts to consider:


Annoying Co-Worker

Contrasting Co-Worker Situation: I share an office with someone whom I can hardly stand to be around. She doesn’t have a nice thing to say about much of anything and she wants to talk all the time. She doesn’t enjoy her job, and she treats me like I’m foolish when I want to do my work. I wish she’d either quit or get fired. Life is too short to have to spend so much time with someone so unpleasant. Here’s how you feel about this situation right now:  

Resulting Desires: I want to work with people who are nice to be around. I want to feel good when I'm at work.
 
 

Your Present Resulting Emotions again are: I feel irritation, I feel blame, I feel anger.

To change how you feel about the situation by your deliberate effort to change your thoughts to align with your desire (as written above) here are some new thoughts to think:

  • I’ve learned to really focus when I’m at work.
  • Because I’m really focussing, I’m getting a lot of work done
  • I don’t know what is really bothering her
  • She does have a nice smile
  • I’m sure that she’d like to feel better at work to
Your Result – is that you are now thinking thoughts that make you feel better and consequently you draw into your life more positive experiences.

 

Not working in a job you enjoy!

Contrasting Job Situation:  I get paid pretty well, compared to other jobs around but I don’t look forward to going to work. I’ve been doing pretty much the same thing for a long time and I don’t feel stimulated at all. No-one seems to notice what I do unless I make a mistake. The day goes by so slowly and then I have to turn around and do it all again the next day

Resulting Desires: I want more exciting, stimulating work. I want to look forward to going to work. I want to feel eager about my job.

Your Present Resulting Emotions (from above): I feel boredom, I feel pessimism.

To change how you feel about the situation by your deliberate effort to change your thoughts to align with your desire (as written above) here are some new thoughts to think:

  • When I did into a task I can enjoy it.
  • Some things I enjoy more than others.
  • Sometimes I make fun games out of tasks.
  • I enjoy improving my method of accomplishing tasks.
  • I think I’ll try that regarding more of my tasks.
  • I’m going to watch for way I can be of value.
Your Result – is that you are now thinking thoughts that make you feel better and consequently you draw into your life more positive experiences.

 

Not working in the dream career yet!

Contrasting Co-Worker Situation: I’ve wanted to be an actress ever since I was a little girl.

I took some classes and found out that I’m pretty good at it. I get some acting work from time to time, but nothing exciting, and nothing that I really want. It’s hard. There are so many people applying for the same work that I am, that it seems hopeless. Maybe I should just forget about it and go get a real job. I feel disappointed, I feel discouraged.

Resulting Desires: I want to get some great acting jobs. I want a job where I’ll be recognised as a good actress. I want to get some jobs that will lead to more jobs.

Your Present Resulting Emotions (from above): I feel disappointed, I feel discouraged.

To change how you feel about the situation by your deliberate effort to change your thoughts to align with your desire (as written above) here are some new thoughts to think:

  • I’m getting some acting work
  • I’m gathering experiences
  • I’m getting clearer about the work I really want
  • I do get to meet really interesting people.
  • I’ve come a long way
  • I’ve had some really good auditions.
  • I love the feeling of a really good audition.
Resulting Desires: I want to get some great acting jobs. I want a job where I’ll be recognised as a good actress. I want to get some jobs that will lead to more jobs.
 
Thanks for this concepts from the book:
The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent
 Esther and Jerry Hicks (The Teachings of Abraham)

No comments:

Post a Comment